Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tuesday 13 January

Tuesday 13 January

Not a good start to the day with Tom running a raging temperature and a dreadful sore throat. It’s been hovering since before we left UK but has appeared with a vengeance now. I went down to breakfast then brought him a tray with some cereal and juice, fed him some Beecham’s powder and left him to try to sleep it away. It’s another beautiful sunny day, really warm and I shall go out later on my own to give him some peace and quiet.

Later

It was so hot when I went for my walk and, of course, I hadn’t brought any sandals, as I didn’t think they would be necessary! Luckily I found a very nice shoe shop and a very comfortable pair of Hush Puppies, so, hang the expense, they’re now mine! I also called at a supermarket and bought some melon for Tom which he appreciated I’m glad to say. I had a lazy afternoon, reading and dozing, then bought takeaway chicken and salad for our evening meal – which didn’t even tempt Tom. I did think at one point I would have to call a doctor, but with regular doses of paracetamol and ibuprofen, he got over the shivering/sweating stage and settled down.

There were 2 cruise ships visiting today – I saw them both from our balcony as they were leaving at about 4.00pm.

Although I didn’t do much in the way of walking, I still managed to descend and climb the 150 steps to the hotel twice, as well as up and down some fairly steep slopes to and from the shops!
Let’s hope tomorrow sees Tom a bit better.

No comments: