Monday, April 21, 2008

Sunday 20th April

I was definitely tempting fate when I wrote about the train last night. When Tom took down the luggage to reception this morning, in conversation with the receptionist, he found out that the Indian Pacific had been cancelled!! On further investigation, it turns out that there has been a derailment on the Nullarbor Plain and there will be NO trains for several days! What have we done to deserve this?

Now we’re booked on a Quantas flight to Perth this afternoon and have accommodation for the extra 2 nights we have to spend there. However, there is still the luggage to sort out as I packed for the train and we’ll now have to re-arrange everything to get the wine, etc through the security channel. According to Quantas website, there’s no hold luggage for internal flights, which seems absolutely ludicrous. As you can imagine, I’m not a happy bear, in fact I’m pretty upset as we’re tired, having been kept awake last night by all the revellers who were having a wonderful time in the alley below our room last night! However, I’ll get over it – eventually!
We’ll let you know how it all works out. Bye for now

No comments: